- Connect types of molecular bonds to common applications and examples
Choose a substance, other than water, whose atoms or ions are held together by one of the following types of chemical bonds:
Important: If your chosen substance does not correctly match the molecular bond, will not be accepted for credit!
Construct an engaging three-paragraphs that completely and concisely* fulfills the following requirements:
- Paragraph 1 – after doing some research, discuss a common use or important purpose of your chosen substance
- Paragraph 2 – Integrating specific terms and concepts discussed in this week’s readings and resources, develop a summary discussion that includes the following:
- The name and chemical formula for the substance
- The composition of the substance (i.e., the names of the atoms comprising the substance)
- The specific name and description of the chemical bonds that exist between the atoms or ions in the substance
- The physical properties of the substance
- The state(s) of matter in which this substance is naturally or normally found in
- Your discussion in this paragraph should integrate specific terms and concepts discussed in this week’s readings and resources.
- Paragraph 3 – provide your perspective on the importance of this substance or its properties, drawing on your own experiences as applicable